Monday, May 19, 2014

Charlotte Receives the "Pollyanna Medal"


After having served on local school board, having a former master teacher pay for me to go for change agent training where I was taught how to identify "the resisters" in my community, going into shock, and "getting the entire picture, not just what was staring me in the face on the school board," I became an education activist.  Bettina Dobbs and I formed Guardians of Education for Maine and managed to knock the federally and tax-exempt funded "health" education, called the "Berkeley Model," out of half the school districts of Maine. The Berkeley Model called for high school students to under stand the three types of sexual intercourse, including with animals!!  And that was in 1978!!

My reputation of being an "education activist" firmly established, Reagan conservatives in D.C.  invited me to become part of the demolition team established to carry out President Reagan's promise to "abolish the U.S. Dept. of Education. Shortly after I had received this invitation, I received a package of materials from United Republicans of California (UROC), a  true blue conservative group in southern California which had the "goods" on Reagan. 

What they sent me made me very angry.  How could anyone send such defamatory information on my "hero"?  I was so blinded by pro-Reagan propaganda I refused to see the information as anything other than outright lies, although all the information was completely documented. The small book by Kent Steffen Here's the Rest of Him (americandeception.com) really angered me. So much so that I refused to read further than the first chapter, and then put it back in my bookcase.

Off I went to Washington to serve as Senior Policy Advisor in the most important office dealing with education in the world!  I had zero credentials for such a job which would ordinarily be held by the former President of Stanford, Harvard, Columbia, whatever... White House Personnel didn't really care "who" was plopped into "which" job since the Department was going to be abolished. We were really only there as the demolition crew.

Had I not been plopped into that job I would NEVER have had access to all the incredible documents -- ones dating back many years, and ones outlining the present restructuring of education, and all the federally-funded grants going around the world to change all nations' classical education systems to Skinnerian outcomes-based global education. I finally got myself fired for leaking an important technology grant, and that was the end of my career in the U.S. Dept. of Education.  However, before I leaked the technology grant to Human Events, I removed all the other incriminating education documents from my office to my apartment and many of them became the basis for the deliberate dumbing down of america: A Chronological Paper Trail.

Upon returning to Maine, I went directly to my library and pulled out the little book Here's the Rest of Him, read it with great interest, and swore never again to allow myself to be captivated by any so-called "conservative" movement, no matter how good it appeared to be on the surface.

We need more groups like UROC which tried so hard to warn Charlotte regarding the REAL REAGAN.

Signed:  Charlotte(#1 recipient of Pollyanna Gold Medal)


Pollyanna - Merriam-Webster Online
a person characterized by irrepressible optimism and a tendency to find good in everything