Tuesday, February 24, 2015

How the Mighty Have Fallen

No Way, ESEA
Eagle Forum Shows Its Willful Ignorance



I AM SPEECHLESS.
IN ALL MY EIGHT DECADES PLUS SOME
I HAVE NEVER REALLY BEEN SPEECHLESS.
SUCH A STRANGE FEELING AS I SIT HERE AT MY COMPUTER
LOOKING AT PICTURES OF MY GRANDCHILDREN,
WITH TEARS IN MY EYES.

Charlotte's e-mail to friends
, 2/24/15

Tragic news, but now at least we have it from the horse's mouth, Kevin Baird of the national Eagle Forum, the phony major conservative organization, and controller of good parents. (For background information, read my blog post: "My 1995 Letter to Phyllis Schlafly.")

I had the above reaction after reading Eagle Forum's bizarre "take" (or should I say "spin"?) on H.R. 5. Long time Utah patriot, Cherilyn Eagar, sent it to me, writing, "I’ve alerted all our Utah anti-common core moms about HR 5. I got this response from Utah Eagle Forum." Here is a screen shot of the letter that Kevin Baird wrote so you can read it for yourself:
It is sadly obvious that Eagle Forum no longer truly cares about children. If they did, they would be opposing this bill. In case you have any doubts about how this will harm children, read this chilling blog article by Anita Hoge: "OBAMA TARGETS BABIES!" 

 

YOU are reading this post because you DO care about children. Get informed! Stay informed! Read more about the horrific effects of the Reauthorization of the ESEA on the lives of your children and grandchildren:
Learn how you can ACT NOW to stop this bad bill as it works its way through Congress. Read: "ESEA contact with your Legislators"

And now for background on this terrible development with Eagle Forum, please listen to the third hour of the February 13 interview on Caravan to Midnight (Click on: http://caravantomidnight.com/show-archives/C2M-228-A-Education_Special-2-13-15.mp3 and then start at 2:03:37 mark). (See the blog post: Spilling the Beans About Education Reform


In this radio interview I "outed" by name all the Neoconservative groups, especially Phyllis Schlafly. I gave credit to Ann Herzer for being first person, teacher, to go up against B.F. Skinner. I related how Arizona's AFT petition to Stop Feds from Supporting Skinner with grants was tabled by Shanker at an AFT annual meeting. I discussed the role of U.S. Secretary of Education Ted Bell (Reagan era) in putting in the Skinner method, a dumbdown curriculum, and the A Nation at Risk report. I warned parents about the looming post-secondary agenda -- how only those students brainwashed by Common Core will be getting into top universities; the rest go to community colleges. (The listener will note I did not include the John Birch Society on my list of conservative traitors. Maybe I should have?)

I also read three quotes posted on our blog. See: "Bombing Pigeons Used As Model for Training Children!" John (the host) was so blown away by the quotes he asked me to repeat them!